Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Fri January 11, 2013
Teen Pleads to Sexual Assault at Baton Rouge School
A former Tara High School student has pleaded guilty in the February rape of a 14-year-old classmate in the school auditorium and was sentenced to nine years in prison.
The Advocate reports 18-year-old Quinton Adams and the victim were both special needs students at Tara at the time of the incident.
Adams, who pleaded not guilty April 12 to a charge of forcible rape returned by an East Baton Rouge Parish grand jury, pleaded guilty Tuesday to the lesser charge of sexual battery and an additional charge of simple kidnapping.
Forcible rape carries a possible prison term of five to 40 years.
Sexual battery carries up to 10 years in prison, and simple kidnapping is punishable by up to five years in prison.