Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Mon June 18, 2012
Teaching The War Of 1812 Different In U.S., Canada
Originally published on Mon June 18, 2012 4:22 pm
Monday marks the 200th anniversary of the start of the War of 1812. Even though it's a conflict that inspired our national anthem and in which the British burned down the White House, the war remains a forgotten chapter in U.S. history. But not so in Canada. Robert Siegel talks with two history teachers — one from the U.S., the other from Canada — about teaching the War of 1812 in their classrooms.