Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Louisiana Second Amendment Sales Tax Holiday
Thu September 6, 2012
Tax free shopping for guns, ammo this weekend
Hunters and campers will pay no sales tax on firearms, ammunition and hunting and fishing supplies during this weekend's Louisiana Second Amendment sales tax holiday.
Beginning Friday, eligible purchases are exempt from the 4 percent state sales tax and all local sales taxes. The exemption runs through Sunday.
The exemption applies to a variety of supplies including shotguns, rifles, pistols, revolvers, all ammunition, hunting or fishing accessories, apparel such as safety gear and camouflage clothing and off-road vehicles designed for hunting.
The exemption does not apply to golf carts, bikes, motorcycles, tractors or other vehicles that may be legally driven on highways.
Online: For more information, including a full list of eligible items, visit www.revenue.louisiana.gov/secondamendment
Hurricane Tax Holiday