Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Louisiana Second Amendment Sales Tax Holiday
Thu September 6, 2012
Tax free shopping for guns, ammo this weekend
Hunters and campers will pay no sales tax on firearms, ammunition and hunting and fishing supplies during this weekend's Louisiana Second Amendment sales tax holiday.
Beginning Friday, eligible purchases are exempt from the 4 percent state sales tax and all local sales taxes. The exemption runs through Sunday.
The exemption applies to a variety of supplies including shotguns, rifles, pistols, revolvers, all ammunition, hunting or fishing accessories, apparel such as safety gear and camouflage clothing and off-road vehicles designed for hunting.
The exemption does not apply to golf carts, bikes, motorcycles, tractors or other vehicles that may be legally driven on highways.
Online: For more information, including a full list of eligible items, visit www.revenue.louisiana.gov/secondamendment
Hurricane Tax Holiday