Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sat May 31, 2014
A Taste Of Home: Finding Cultural Identity At The Table
Whether they’re short trips across town or long voyages across the oceans, we all take journeys. On this week’s Louisiana Eats! we’ll speak with writers and restaurateurs about their personal quests for cultural identity.
Kim Sunee’s appetites include travel, knowledge and food. Her trip to Korea is one of the main topics she writes about in A Mouthful of Stars, which explores another dimension of Kim’s creativity: her poetry.
We’ll also hear how owning a restaurant helped Fatma and Suleyman Aydin assimilate from their Turkish homeland. Plus, Ann Benoit explicates the four generations of workers she met while writing New Orleans' Best Ethnic Restaurants.
And don’t forget to send in your personal stories about finding love at Tales of the Cocktail.