Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
North Oaks Health System Expansion
Sun July 22, 2012
Tangipahoa hospital expanding
North Oaks Health System in Hammond is expanding its emergency room and doing other improvements in a $9.3 million project.
The Daily Star reports the work should be completed by spring 2013 at the facility in Tangipahoa Parish.
Senior Vice President and Operations Office Michael Watkins said design work took a year.
The 27,450-square-foot expansion of the emergency room will double its size and should relieve long wait times for patients, Watkins said.