Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
The Listening Room
Tue April 3, 2012
Swimming Upstream: The Great Lakes
The Great Lakes hold a massive amount of water. They contain one fifth of the world’s fresh surface water.
In the U.S., there are more miles of coastline along the Lakes than along the entire Atlantic seaboard. We think of the Lakes today as a great place to play on the beach, to swim, to go fishing. But those huge, beautiful lakes are changing.
For more information on this series go to: The Environment Report.
Air date for this show: Sunday, 4/8/2012. You can hear The Listening Room Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m., on WWNO, 89.9 FM.