Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
WWNO News Reports
Tue October 4, 2011
Superdome Now the "Mercedes-Benz Superdome"
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal made the announcement of the name-change.
"Obviously we're here to announce the worst-kept secret in New Orleans. Here to announce a great partnership between two world-class organizations. I can't think of a better marriage than between the New Orleans Saints and Mercedes-Benz. This exciting 10-year agreement has so many benefits, not only for the New Orleans Saints, not only for the Superdome, the city of New Orleans, but the entire state of Louisiana."
Mercedes-Benz is not revealing how much it's paying for the naming rights. But Jindal and others say it will eventually eliminate the need for any taxpayer money to support the stadium.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming