Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed September 8, 2010
Students Evaluate School Reform
New Orleans, LA – In the five years since Hurricane Katrina, public education in New Orleans has radically changed. The state-run recovery school district took over the vast majority of the city's public schools and has transformed most of those schools into privately run charters. In the first of an ongoing series for WWNO, Angela Taylor presents a portrait of how students are faring within the new system.