Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Wed August 15, 2012
Strider to be director of state gaming division
Attorney General Buddy Caldwell has named a new director for the division of his office that oversees legal gambling in the state.
A news release from Caldwell's office says Clifford R. Strider III is a 1979 graduate of the law school at LSU and has 33 years of experience in litigation and supervision.
Strider most recently served as the chief criminal prosecutor in the Attorney General's Monroe satellite office. He has served as first assistant district attorney for the 9th Judicial District in Alexandria and the 3rd Judicial District in Ruston. And he has been the Chief of Trials in the Orleans Parish District Attorney's Office.
The Attorney General's Gaming Division provides legal representation to regulators of casinos, horse racing, horse track slot operations, video poker and the state lottery.