Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed August 15, 2012
Strider to be director of state gaming division
Attorney General Buddy Caldwell has named a new director for the division of his office that oversees legal gambling in the state.
A news release from Caldwell's office says Clifford R. Strider III is a 1979 graduate of the law school at LSU and has 33 years of experience in litigation and supervision.
Strider most recently served as the chief criminal prosecutor in the Attorney General's Monroe satellite office. He has served as first assistant district attorney for the 9th Judicial District in Alexandria and the 3rd Judicial District in Ruston. And he has been the Chief of Trials in the Orleans Parish District Attorney's Office.
The Attorney General's Gaming Division provides legal representation to regulators of casinos, horse racing, horse track slot operations, video poker and the state lottery.