Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Features
Tue March 1, 2011
Streetcars made in New Orleans
New Orleans, LA – Recently, the Regional Transit Authority announced plans to build a new streetcar line along North Rampart and St. Claude between Canal and Press Streets. A spur along Elysian Fields will connect this line with the Riverfront line at Esplanade Avenue. Construction is scheduled to begin in mid-2012. More lines mean more streetcars on the move. And who are the craftspeople here in New Orleans who keep the streetcars rolling? WWNO's Zoe Sullivan set out to find them.