Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Features
Tue March 1, 2011
Streetcars made in New Orleans
New Orleans, LA – Recently, the Regional Transit Authority announced plans to build a new streetcar line along North Rampart and St. Claude between Canal and Press Streets. A spur along Elysian Fields will connect this line with the Riverfront line at Esplanade Avenue. Construction is scheduled to begin in mid-2012. More lines mean more streetcars on the move. And who are the craftspeople here in New Orleans who keep the streetcars rolling? WWNO's Zoe Sullivan set out to find them.