Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Features
Tue March 1, 2011
Streetcars made in New Orleans
New Orleans, LA – Recently, the Regional Transit Authority announced plans to build a new streetcar line along North Rampart and St. Claude between Canal and Press Streets. A spur along Elysian Fields will connect this line with the Riverfront line at Esplanade Avenue. Construction is scheduled to begin in mid-2012. More lines mean more streetcars on the move. And who are the craftspeople here in New Orleans who keep the streetcars rolling? WWNO's Zoe Sullivan set out to find them.