Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Thu November 18, 2010
StoryCorps: Anna Mae Martin Doucet
ALSO: In this extended conversation, Anna Mae Martin Doucet talks about her early years living on the Bayou near Golden Meadow and tells her great-granddaughter Elise Sanchez that along with an idyllic country upbringing came the threat of hurricanes.
Doucet talks about an unusual step the family took to get a place on higher ground. Now, there's a multi-generational approach to getting out of harm's way with the family in one place.
StoryCorps New Orleans interviews were recorded by StoryCorps, a national project to record and collect stories of everyday people. This excerpt was selected and produced by WWNO producer Eileen Fleming, with support from the WWNO Productions Fund and from Villere & Co., managing the investments of New Orleans' families for almost 100 years. Listen again at wwno.org or at nola.com.