Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
College Baseball Super Regional
Sat June 9, 2012
Stony Brook tops LSU 3-1 to even NCAA series
BATON ROUGE — Tyler Johnson threw a three-hitter and allowed an unearned run, and Stony Brook defeated LSU 3-1 on Saturday to even the super regional series at one game each.
LSU (47-17) could not muster the late-inning magic of the series opener, when the Tigers hit three game-tying homers before winning a rain-postponed game in the 12th inning Saturday morning.
Johnson improved to 12-1, and now Stony Brook (51-13) is one victory from its first College World Series, with the final game of the best-of-three series slated for Sunday.
Kevin Courtney was 3 for 3 with a homer for the Seawolves, while Sal Intagliata and William Carmona each hit run-scoring singles.
LSU starter Kevin Gausman (12-2), who won Game 1 by pitching the last inning, lasted seven innings in Game 2, giving up three runs on six hits and striking out six.