Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
College Baseball Super Regional
Sat June 9, 2012
Stony Brook tops LSU 3-1 to even NCAA series
BATON ROUGE — Tyler Johnson threw a three-hitter and allowed an unearned run, and Stony Brook defeated LSU 3-1 on Saturday to even the super regional series at one game each.
LSU (47-17) could not muster the late-inning magic of the series opener, when the Tigers hit three game-tying homers before winning a rain-postponed game in the 12th inning Saturday morning.
Johnson improved to 12-1, and now Stony Brook (51-13) is one victory from its first College World Series, with the final game of the best-of-three series slated for Sunday.
Kevin Courtney was 3 for 3 with a homer for the Seawolves, while Sal Intagliata and William Carmona each hit run-scoring singles.
LSU starter Kevin Gausman (12-2), who won Game 1 by pitching the last inning, lasted seven innings in Game 2, giving up three runs on six hits and striking out six.