Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed January 16, 2013
Stephane Wrembel: globalFEST 2013
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 3:35 pm
Sweet and hot: That's the sound that French-born, Brooklyn-based guitarist Stephane Wrembel brought to his intimate early set in The Studio, globalFEST's smallest space. Wrembel specializes in jazz manouche, or so-called "Gypsy" jazz — and his set with his quartet showed off the sparkling, speedy fingerwork already familiar to fans of Woody Allen, who has used Wrembel's music in his films Vicky Cristina Barcelona and Midnight in Paris.
- "Voice From The Desert"
- "The Selfish Gene"
- "Minuit Aux Batignolles"
- "Bistro Fada"
- "Train From Hell"
Producers: Mito Habe-Evans, Bob Boilen; Videographers: Gabriella Garcia-Pardo, Mito Habe-Evans; Audio Engineer: Kevin Wait; Video Editor: Denise DeBelius Assistant Producer: Denise DeBelius; Special Thanks to: Webster Hall, globalFEST 2013; Executive Producers: Anya Grundmann, Keith Jenkins.