Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sat December 29, 2012
State Veterans Secretary Retiring, Interim Appointed
Gov. Bobby Jindal says Veterans Affairs Secretary Lane Carson is retiring after four years, and his deputy will be interim secretary.
He says Carson opened and maintained service offices in every parish, made all Louisiana veterans and their spouses eligible to live in the department's five veterans' homes, and added a second veterans' cemetery. He also developed a program to help veterans who own small businesses get state contracts.
Jindal says the interim secretary is David LaCerte, who has been the department's deputy secretary, executive counsel and legislative liaison since June 2010. Before taking that Job, LaCerte was a Marine. He has business and law degrees.