Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Mon December 24, 2012
State Trooper Hurt in I-10 Crash
A Louisiana State Police lieutenant was injured while getting out of his marked SUV on Interstate 10.
Trooper Melissa Matey says Lt. Robert Hodges was struck Saturday when a driver swerved onto the right shoulder in an apparent effort to avoid upcoming slowed traffic.
Hodges is being treated at East Jefferson General Hospital.
Matey says 20-year-old McCaskill, of Donaldsonville, was driving a car in the left lane of the highway. Troopers say traffic in front of McCaskill began to slow down, and he swerved into the right lane and right shoulder.
As Hodges was exiting his vehicle, standing between the door and the SUV frame, troopers say McCaskill's car struck Hodges and the driver's door of the SUV.
Charges are pending and the crash remains under investigation.