Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- Dalai Lama Brings Timely Message To New Orleans
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Master Plan
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
Project-Based Opportunity Program
Thu July 19, 2012
State taking applications for Katrina business loan program
The state of Louisiana is accepting applications for a program offering low-interest loans of up to $5 million to businesses affected by hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005.
The state Office of Community Development said in a statement Wednesday that the loans are designed to address "unmet business recovery needs" and stimulate economy recovery.
Funding for 11 projects already has been approved through the "Project-Based Opportunity Program."
The loans are funded by federal grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development.