Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Project-Based Opportunity Program
Thu July 19, 2012
State taking applications for Katrina business loan program
The state of Louisiana is accepting applications for a program offering low-interest loans of up to $5 million to businesses affected by hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005.
The state Office of Community Development said in a statement Wednesday that the loans are designed to address "unmet business recovery needs" and stimulate economy recovery.
Funding for 11 projects already has been approved through the "Project-Based Opportunity Program."
The loans are funded by federal grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development.