Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri August 31, 2012
State offices opened today in all but 16 parishes
State government offices in all but 16 parishes reopened today.
Commissioner of Administration Paul Rainwater says because of concerns over flooding, road conditions and power outages resulting from Hurricane Isaac, offices will stay closed in the following parishes: Plaquemines, St. Bernard, Orleans, Jefferson, Lafourche, Terrebonne, Assumption, Ascension, Livingston, St. Helena, Tangipahoa, Washington, St. Tammany, St,. James, St. Charles and St. John the Baptist.
State offices in all other parishes, including East Baton Rouge, reopened Friday.