Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed September 19, 2012
State extends east zone alligator season
State wildlife and fisheries officials have extended the East Zone wild alligator harvest season through Oct. 4.
Robert Barham, secretary of the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, approved the extension Tuesday.
The scheduled opening of the East Zone season was delayed from Aug. 29 until Sept. 1 due to the approach of Tropical Storm Isaac, which reached hurricane strength before landfall. Resulting flooding and displacement of residents prompted the extension.
The East Zone is now scheduled to close on the same day as the West Zone, which opened Sept. 5.