Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Around the Nation
Thu December 6, 2012
'Star Wars' Fan Builds Life-Size Millennium Falcon
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. A "Star Wars" fan in Tennessee is living out his dream, and online supporters are helping him. Chris Lee wants to build a life-size replica of the Millennium Falcon. He bought 88-acres of land for the project. He's engaging fellow fans to help make the pieces. The BBC says a college student in Alabama has already built the spaceship's console. The ship is meant to be exact in every way, except for Chewbacca and, you know, a working engine. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.