Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Features
Wed February 18, 2009
St. Augustine High Marching 100
When the 2009 Muses parade rolled down St. Charles Avenue, they were accompanied by one of the city's most famous bands: St. Augustine High School's Marching 100. This Mardi Gras Season, St. Augustine's was in a total of nine parades, but none were as momentous as the parade they marched in 42 years ago, when St. Augustine was the first non-white band to roll down Canal Street. Eve Abrams brings us this story.