Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Tue July 17, 2012
Spirit Airlines To Offer Direct Flights From New Orleans To Dallas
Spirit Airlines will be offering direct flights from New Orleans to Dallas. The additional service kicks in just in time for the Super Bowl.
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu says the new deal with Spirit Airlines starting in January indicates economic growth for the entire region.
“The airport is going under right now major renovations to prepare ourselves for the Super Bowl. And there’s a lot of exciting stuff going on and this just adds an exclamation point to the great work that everybody has been doing.”
Spirit spokesman Michael Pewther says adding New Orleans to its Dallas expansion makes good business sense.
“What we typically look for markets that we feel are underserved, have a large population base around them and the fares are at a higher level than what we would normally sell them at. And if those three stars align it typically is a good airport for us. And New Orleans represented all of those things for us.”
Spirit now operates more than 200 daily flights to over 50 destinations in the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean. Flights to Dallas will begin January 24, with a second daily flight starting in June next year.