Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Fri July 27, 2012
Speaking For The HIV-Positive, And Herself
Originally published on Fri July 27, 2012 10:57 am
Hydeia Broadbent was diagnosed as HIV-positive at age three. By the time she was six, she was already sharing her story publicly to lessen the stigma around the disease. On the final day of the 19th International AIDS Conference, host Michel Martin speaks with Broadbent, who is now in her 20s, about living with HIV. She's involved in a new awareness program from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention called "Let's Stop HIV Together."