Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Fri July 27, 2012
Speaking For The HIV-Positive, And Herself
Originally published on Fri July 27, 2012 10:57 am
Hydeia Broadbent was diagnosed as HIV-positive at age three. By the time she was six, she was already sharing her story publicly to lessen the stigma around the disease. On the final day of the 19th International AIDS Conference, host Michel Martin speaks with Broadbent, who is now in her 20s, about living with HIV. She's involved in a new awareness program from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention called "Let's Stop HIV Together."