Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed September 12, 2012
Southern business grads have new option
Graduates from Southern University's two-year college in Shreveport will now be able to earn a four-year business degree at Grambling State University.
The two colleges announced this new option Tuesday.
Graduates from Southern's Shreveport campus with an associate's degree in business management, event management or accounting can enroll in Grambling State's four-year bachelor's business degree program.
The colleges say all course credits obtained at Southern will be accepted toward the four-year degree.
Southern-Shreveport has about 100 students in the business program and graduates 25 to 30 with associate degrees each semester. Officials say the goal is for four to five Southern graduates to transition to Grambling each semester.
Grambling State University
Nicholls State University