Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed September 12, 2012
Southern business grads have new option
Graduates from Southern University's two-year college in Shreveport will now be able to earn a four-year business degree at Grambling State University.
The two colleges announced this new option Tuesday.
Graduates from Southern's Shreveport campus with an associate's degree in business management, event management or accounting can enroll in Grambling State's four-year bachelor's business degree program.
The colleges say all course credits obtained at Southern will be accepted toward the four-year degree.
Southern-Shreveport has about 100 students in the business program and graduates 25 to 30 with associate degrees each semester. Officials say the goal is for four to five Southern graduates to transition to Grambling each semester.
Grambling State University
Nicholls State University