Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed September 12, 2012
Southern business grads have new option
Graduates from Southern University's two-year college in Shreveport will now be able to earn a four-year business degree at Grambling State University.
The two colleges announced this new option Tuesday.
Graduates from Southern's Shreveport campus with an associate's degree in business management, event management or accounting can enroll in Grambling State's four-year bachelor's business degree program.
The colleges say all course credits obtained at Southern will be accepted toward the four-year degree.
Southern-Shreveport has about 100 students in the business program and graduates 25 to 30 with associate degrees each semester. Officials say the goal is for four to five Southern graduates to transition to Grambling each semester.
Grambling State University
Nicholls State University