Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- At Least 19 Wounded After Shooting At Mother's Day Second-Line Parade
Error messageNotice: Trying to get property of non-object in MemCacheDrupal->valid() (line 65 of /var/www/drupal7/sites/all/modules/contrib/memcache/memcache.inc).
Thu September 13, 2012
South Claiborne lanes to close for two years
The westbound lanes on South Claiborne Ave. between Cambronne St. in Orleans Parish and Dakin St. in Jefferson Parish will close for two years, the City of New Orleans said today in a press release.
The closure, set to begin Sept. 17, is due to work being conducted on the drainage system beneath the street and neutral ground. Motorists will be detoured onto the eastbound lanes of South Claiborne.
More information about the closure, or other flood control projects in the city, can be found on the Southeast Louisiana Urban Flood Control website, or by calling (504) 585-2450.
Business & Technology
Boh Brothers Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
Chef John Folse Culinary Institute