Most Active Stories
- Le Show For Oct. 26, 2014
- Philadelphia Gets Its Water Management Act Together, And New Orleans Takes Notes
- Interior Department Says Louisiana Coastal Program Lacks Oversight
- MONDAY: State Treasurer John Kennedy; and Advocacy Director for Louisiana AARP Andrew Muhl
- Louisiana Department Of Education Releases School Report Cards
Thu September 13, 2012
South Claiborne lanes to close for two years
The westbound lanes on South Claiborne Ave. between Cambronne St. in Orleans Parish and Dakin St. in Jefferson Parish will close for two years, the City of New Orleans said today in a press release.
The closure, set to begin Sept. 17, is due to work being conducted on the drainage system beneath the street and neutral ground. Motorists will be detoured onto the eastbound lanes of South Claiborne.
More information about the closure, or other flood control projects in the city, can be found on the Southeast Louisiana Urban Flood Control website, or by calling (504) 585-2450.
Business & Technology
Boh Brothers Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
Chef John Folse Culinary Institute