Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Tue May 15, 2012
Simple Salted Beet Chips
With their inherent sweetness, beet chips are especially tasty dunked in spicy dips such as harissa or chili-spiked hummus. Use red, gold, chiogga or a combination of beets.
Makes 4 servings
2 medium beets of your choice
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. For easy cleanup, line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place beets in a large bowl and, using your hands, toss with oil and seasonings until coated.
Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven and eat.