Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue May 15, 2012
Simple Salted Beet Chips
With their inherent sweetness, beet chips are especially tasty dunked in spicy dips such as harissa or chili-spiked hummus. Use red, gold, chiogga or a combination of beets.
Makes 4 servings
2 medium beets of your choice
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. For easy cleanup, line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place beets in a large bowl and, using your hands, toss with oil and seasonings until coated.
Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven and eat.