Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- Le Show For April 20, 2014
- For The First Time In 70 Years, Wild Whooping Cranes Have Laid Eggs In Louisiana
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Mon August 20, 2012
A Simple Gesture In Paradise, Calif.
Simply stated: We give a donor a cool green shopping bag. Every time she goes shopping for her own groceries she buys one extra non-perishable item and puts it in the cool green bag. Every two months a volunteer picks up the bag at the home and gives her another.
Last year 1,500 households donated 90,000 lbs. of food. Then we delivered it to food banks.
Jonathan Trivers listens to KCHO.