Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Sat August 25, 2012
Shreveport astro society takes a last look at Saturn
The Shreveport-Bossier Astronomical Society is sponsoring a free star party Saturday, offering the last chance to see Saturn until next summer.
The Times reports the show will go on from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Ralph A. Worley Observatory on Louisiana Highway 175.
Organizers plan viewing of star clusters, nebula and galaxies as well as the focus on Saturn — weather permitting.
A free moon map and sky map will be given to visitors.
More information is available online at www.ShreveportAstronomy.com or contact Cran Lucas at 318-797-1524, or cranlucas(at)gmail.com.