Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon July 16, 2012
Should Former Felons Have The Right To Vote?
Originally published on Mon July 16, 2012 2:15 pm
More than 5.85 million Americans are not allowed to vote because they have committed felonies, according to a report from The Sentencing Project. While some states require complex processes for ex-felons to request restoration of voting rights, others permit felons to vote from prison.