Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Features
Fri June 11, 2010
Shell Beach waits for the oil: update
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, LA – Last month Eve Abrams visited Shell Beach, in Saint Bernard Parish, a tiny fishing community bracing for impact from the oil washing ruin upon the lives of animals, environments, and communities all along the Gulf Coast. Residents of Shell Beach, about forty miles east of New Orleans, are still waiting for the oil to make its way into their shores, marshlands and fishing waters.. Eve Abrams recently checked in with the citizens of shell beach and has this report.