Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
WWNO News Features
Fri May 7, 2010
Shell Beach fisherman bracing for oil fallout
New Orleans, LA – Just east of the Mississippi River and about 20 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, Shell Beach, Louisiana is a community of fisherman and fishing camps put on hold. Their waters closed to the oyster and shrimp boats which normally would do a brisk business this time of year, Shell Beach residents are bracing to see what becomes of their livelihoods and their home. Eve Abrams reports.