Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Tue September 4, 2012
Shaw sells energy, chemicals unit
The Shaw Group Inc. has completed the $290 million sale of its Energy and Chemicals business to Technip.
The Energy and Chemicals sale, which was completed on Friday, also helps Baton Rouge-based Shaw meet one of the requirements for Shaw to eventually be acquired by CB&I -- having at least $800 million in cash.
Shaw and Technip announced their deal on May 21, and the sale of the Energy and Chemicals unit was expected to close by the end of August.
The company said the sale will give Shaw an adjusted cash balance of around $1.3 billion.
CB&I, of The Woodlands, Texas, with its parent company in the Netherlands, is buying Shaw, a major engineering, construction and fabrication company, for about $3 billion. That deal was announced in July.
All Tech Considered
Out to Lunch
Around the Nation