Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed May 11, 2011
Shadows on the Gulf & Holmes in the Quarter
BUSTER HOLMES' WORLD FAMOUS RED BEANS & RICE
1 pound red beans
1 pound smoked ham hock
1 onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic
1/2 stick margarine
Pick through the beans to remove any rocks. Wash beans and cover with water. Add onion, bell pepper, ham hock and garlic. Cook on slow fire until done, about 2 hours. Add salt, pepper, margarine and cook 5 minutes. Serve on rice with Louisiana hot sauce, French bread and butter.
We'd love to hear from you! E-mail us!