Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Tue August 9, 2011
Senator Landrieu Says Financial Crisis Will Be Resolved
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Democratic U-S Senator Mary Landrieu was in New Orleans as the Dow Jones plunged more than 600 points. She remains confident that the economy will recover.
"We've stabilized the markets once already in this administration, when President Obama came and stepped in, when the Titanic was already sinking, and we can do this again."
Landrieu says she continues to back the president's plan to close tax loopholes, increase taxes in high-income brackets and make more cuts in spending.