Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
WWNO News Reports
Tue August 9, 2011
Senator Landrieu Says Financial Crisis Will Be Resolved
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Democratic U-S Senator Mary Landrieu was in New Orleans as the Dow Jones plunged more than 600 points. She remains confident that the economy will recover.
"We've stabilized the markets once already in this administration, when President Obama came and stepped in, when the Titanic was already sinking, and we can do this again."
Landrieu says she continues to back the president's plan to close tax loopholes, increase taxes in high-income brackets and make more cuts in spending.