Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon February 4, 2013
Sen. Landrieu Reports $2.5M in Campaign Account
U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu is heading to her 2014 re-election bid with $2.5 million in her campaign account, more than twice what she had at this point in her last campaign.
The figure was disclosed in campaign documents filed Thursday with the Federal Election Commission detailing money raised and spent through the end of 2012.
But a possible Republican challenger, U.S. Rep. Bill Cassidy, isn't far behind. Cassidy, a Baton Rouge doctor who hasn't said whether he'll seek the Senate seat, reported to the FEC that he has $2 million in his campaign account.
Other potential GOP contenders for the race were farther behind. U.S. Rep. John Fleming of Minden reported $481,000 in his account, while former U.S. Rep. Jeff Landry of New Iberia ended the year with about $67,000.
BP Oil Spill