Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Arts & Culture
Tue March 12, 2013
Sen. Landrieu Introduces Adoption Documentary
U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu is promoting a documentary about international adoption.
The Louisiana Democrat is the mother of two adopted children and the wife of a man adopted from overseas. She says many American families are willing to open their hearts and homes to children needing families all over the world, but the international adoption system "is broken and failing."
Landrieu introduced the film titled "Stuck" in Harahan on Monday night. She says it's about overseas children who are "stuck in orphanages, stuck in a system that doesn't work."
The film is narrated by Emmy and Golden Globe winning actress Mariska Hargitay and produced by Craig Juntunen. It's on a 60-city tour that began last month and is scheduled to wrap mid-May.