Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Arts & Culture
Tue March 12, 2013
Sen. Landrieu Introduces Adoption Documentary
U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu is promoting a documentary about international adoption.
The Louisiana Democrat is the mother of two adopted children and the wife of a man adopted from overseas. She says many American families are willing to open their hearts and homes to children needing families all over the world, but the international adoption system "is broken and failing."
Landrieu introduced the film titled "Stuck" in Harahan on Monday night. She says it's about overseas children who are "stuck in orphanages, stuck in a system that doesn't work."
The film is narrated by Emmy and Golden Globe winning actress Mariska Hargitay and produced by Craig Juntunen. It's on a 60-city tour that began last month and is scheduled to wrap mid-May.