Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
WWNO News Reports
Wed March 18, 2009
SDT truck used for illegal dumping
New Orelans, LA – The New Orleans Sanitation Committee has been assured by garbage service provider SDT that it's close to finding whoever is responsible for dumping human waste into a storm drain in the Lower Ninth Ward. Correspondent Eileen Fleming has more.
SDT owner Sidney Torres says his company along with the city is a victim of illegal dumping.
He tells the City Council committee that he's working to find out who used one of his trucks to illegally dump sewage.
It's not the first time SDT has been tied to illegal dumping. One of the company's trucks was involved in a similar incident after the Voodoo Festival last year, when waste was dumped in City Park.
Torres told the committee that it appears both cases are connected, and committed by people with inside knowledge of company procedures. He's offering a reward for information to solve the matter.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming