Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Mon September 3, 2012
Schools to open Tuesday in St. Tammany Parish
St. Tammany Parish public schools are opening Tuesday, after principals inspected the schools and maintenance workers spent the holiday weekend repairing minor damage on campuses.
That was the word from Superintendent W.L. "Trey" Folse III, who said in a news release that only one school in the parish north of Lake Pontcharrain had serious damage from Hurricane Isaac. The storm pushed water in St. Tammany Junior High, but the school will reopen on Tuesday.
Parish officials were keeping watch over potential trouble spots along Isaac-swollen waterways, but concerns about continued heavy flooding had largely subsided by Monday.