Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon September 3, 2012
Schools to open Tuesday in St. Tammany Parish
St. Tammany Parish public schools are opening Tuesday, after principals inspected the schools and maintenance workers spent the holiday weekend repairing minor damage on campuses.
That was the word from Superintendent W.L. "Trey" Folse III, who said in a news release that only one school in the parish north of Lake Pontcharrain had serious damage from Hurricane Isaac. The storm pushed water in St. Tammany Junior High, but the school will reopen on Tuesday.
Parish officials were keeping watch over potential trouble spots along Isaac-swollen waterways, but concerns about continued heavy flooding had largely subsided by Monday.