Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Mon September 3, 2012
Schools to open Tuesday in St. Tammany Parish
St. Tammany Parish public schools are opening Tuesday, after principals inspected the schools and maintenance workers spent the holiday weekend repairing minor damage on campuses.
That was the word from Superintendent W.L. "Trey" Folse III, who said in a news release that only one school in the parish north of Lake Pontcharrain had serious damage from Hurricane Isaac. The storm pushed water in St. Tammany Junior High, but the school will reopen on Tuesday.
Parish officials were keeping watch over potential trouble spots along Isaac-swollen waterways, but concerns about continued heavy flooding had largely subsided by Monday.