Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Mon September 3, 2012
Schools to open Tuesday in St. Tammany Parish
St. Tammany Parish public schools are opening Tuesday, after principals inspected the schools and maintenance workers spent the holiday weekend repairing minor damage on campuses.
That was the word from Superintendent W.L. "Trey" Folse III, who said in a news release that only one school in the parish north of Lake Pontcharrain had serious damage from Hurricane Isaac. The storm pushed water in St. Tammany Junior High, but the school will reopen on Tuesday.
Parish officials were keeping watch over potential trouble spots along Isaac-swollen waterways, but concerns about continued heavy flooding had largely subsided by Monday.