Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Tue May 22, 2012
School Bus Driver Who Saved Students 'Was A Hero'
Originally published on Tue May 22, 2012 4:50 pm
On Tuesday, family and loved ones in Chowchilla, Calif., remember a school bus driver who many consider an American hero. Thirty-six years ago, Ed Ray was driving his regular school bus route when it was hijacked. Everyone aboard was driven 100 miles, forced into a storage van, and buried alive. Audie Cornish speaks with Lynda Carrejo-Labendeira, who was on the bus that day.