Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Wed September 26, 2012
School board members recommend Isaac repairs
Tangipahoa Parish School Board members have recommended $220,000 in repairs to school buildings damaged by Hurricane Isaac.
The Advocate reports Loranger High School's gym and the main building at Chesbrough Elementary in Kentwood both require new roofs, at projected costs of $145,000 and $74,000, respectively.
The repairs to Loranger High's gym roof will have to be approved by U.S. District Judge Ivan L.R. Lemelle, who oversees the parish's 47-year-old desegregation case. A standing order in the suit requires court approval for all non-priority repair costs over $125,000.
Chief Financial Officer Bret Schnadelbach said Tuesday the roofing projects will be paid out of the district's roofing fund, pending reimbursement by insurance or the Federal Emergency Management Agency.