Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Sun May 19, 2013
Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu May 16, 2013 4:07 pm
Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside's music was raw and forthright from the beginning, when its album Dirty Radio came out in 2011. The Portland band captures the energy of early-'50s music, with blues and country influences that earned it a rockabilly designation early in its career.
The band's second album, Untamed Beast, doesn't step back from the edge in any way. Here, World Cafe's Michaela Majoun talks with Ford about how the latter's sound has grown and evolved over time.