Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Sun May 19, 2013
Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu May 16, 2013 4:07 pm
Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside's music was raw and forthright from the beginning, when its album Dirty Radio came out in 2011. The Portland band captures the energy of early-'50s music, with blues and country influences that earned it a rockabilly designation early in its career.
The band's second album, Untamed Beast, doesn't step back from the edge in any way. Here, World Cafe's Michaela Majoun talks with Ford about how the latter's sound has grown and evolved over time.