Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon September 24, 2012
Saints WR Colston helps inspire troubled kids
New Orleans Saints wide receiver Marques Colston doesn't just inspire on the field. He's also an inspiration to a group of teens who've worked to turn around their troubled lives.
Colston's partnered with WAT-AHH!, a New York-based bottled water company geared toward making kids live healthier lives, and AMIkids Inc., a not-for-profit with juvenile justice and alternative education programs in nine states, including Louisiana. Most teenagers in the program are dealing with issues ranging from low self-esteem to criminal records. But Colston says their problems don't define them and they're examples of how "you can take adversity and beat it head on."
Colston set up a meet-and-greet with some of his teammates before Sunday's game against the Kansas City Chiefs for 12 winners of an essay contest sponsored by WAT-AAH!.
Drew Brees Contract