Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri May 18, 2012
Saints' Vilma Sues Roger Goodell for Defamation
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Suspended Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma has filed a defamation lawsuit against NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. The lawsuit claims Goodell has made false statements about Vilma while discussing the NFL's bounty investigation of the New Orleans Saints. Goodell has also suspended Vilma for the entire season.