Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
WWNO News Reports
Wed February 10, 2010
Saints on Parade
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Chilly temperatures didn't deter Saints fans from lining downtown streets and waiting for the Saints to pass by in their first victory parade. Carnival krewes allowed 12 of their finest floats to carry the team through the city.
Mayor Ray Nagin toasted the Saints as they stopped at the grandstand in front of Gallier Hall, which had the fleur-de-lis and Super Bowl logo projected above the stands.
Leading the way was Saints owner Tom Benson and his family. Nagin presented Benson with flowers and the key to the city.
Then came the game's M-V-P.
Brees was joined on his float by the offensive line.
They were followed by coach Sean Payton, who held the Lombardi Trophy above his head for the fans to see.
He said he looked forward to next year's victory parade.