Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Mon February 8, 2010
Saints fans' pandemonium over Super Bowl win
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – It wasn't a field goal that set off the crowd at the Balcony Bar and Grill. It was Drew Brees smiling as the clock ticked down.
And the crowds of several establishments simply walked out into the street.
Police tried to keep people off the street to let cars pass - but it was tough.
The city of New Orleans is far from finished with celebrating the Saints' first Super Bowl win. A parade is planned for tomorrow. The team will set off from the Superdome at 5 p.m. It will turn on Loyola Avenue, down to Howard Avenue. It will then follow the Uptown carnival route to Canal Street, winding to Tchoupitoulas Street and ending at the foot of Convention Center Boulevard.