Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Features
Fri July 31, 2009
Roosevelt Hotel Opening
New Orleans, LA – The Roosevelt Hotel, on University Avenue, just off Canal Street, was once considered the grand hotel of the South. It originally opened as The Grunewald in 1893, became the Roosevelt in 1920, and reopened as The Fairmont in 1965. The hotel closed following Hurricane Katrina, but this month, it reopened, once again, as the Roosevelt. Eve Abrams reports