Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sat May 12, 2012
Romney Treads Lightly In Speech To Liberty Grads
Originally published on Sat May 12, 2012 5:05 pm
Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney struggled to attract the support of evangelical voters during the Republican primary season. On Saturday, he traveled to an evangelical citadel: Liberty University, founded by the late Jerry Falwell. In delivering the school's commencement address, Romney largely stayed clear of politics — with the exception of his biggest applause line. Weekends on All Things Considered host Guy Raz talks with NPR's Ari Shapiro.