Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
It's All Politics
Mon April 30, 2012
Romney SuperPAC Pulls Negative Primary Spots From YouTube
Originally published on Tue May 1, 2012 2:35 pm
Only two videos remain: one positive ad recounting Romney's efforts to help a business partner find his missing teenage daughter, and one negative ad attacking President Obama's economic record.
Many of the ads were harsh attacks on Romney's primary opponents, who may make some waves in the race this week.
On Wednesday, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is scheduled to drop out of the race and is expected to endorse Romney.
Romney and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum plan to meet in private on Friday, Santorum advisor John Brabender confirmed to NPR. Santorum has yet to formally endorse Romney, although he's been asked about it plenty.
Restore Our Future spokesperson Brittany Gross said there was no coordination between those events and the removal of the videos. "The primary's over, so down with the primary videos," said Gross.
If you missed any of the ads and still want to see them, you're in luck. Just search YouTube for "Restore Our Future" and either "Gingrich" or "Santorum" and you'll see that they've been reposted by plenty of other outlets.