Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Mon December 24, 2012
Romney Didn't Want To Run, Son Says
Originally published on Mon December 24, 2012 6:41 am
The "money quote" from the weekend's Boston Globe account of the "Story Behind Mitt Romney's Loss":
"He wanted to be president less than anyone I've met in my life. He had no desire to . . . run," said Tagg [Romney], who worked with his mother, Ann, to persuade his father to seek the presidency. "If he could have found someone else to take his place . . . he would have been ecstatic to step aside. He is a very private person who loves his family deeply and wants to be with them, but he has deep faith in God and he loves his country, but he doesn't love the attention."