Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sat January 19, 2013
Robert Hammond, Co-Founder of Friends of the High Line
Originally published on Fri January 18, 2013 3:06 pm
Robert Hammond and his Co-Founder Joshua David started Friends of the High Line after attending a community board meeting to protest the High Line's demolition in 1999. They pioneered the transformation of an abandoned elevated train line into a public space about 1.5 miles long on Manhattan's west side in New York City.