Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Sat January 19, 2013
Robert Hammond, Co-Founder of Friends of the High Line
Originally published on Fri January 18, 2013 3:06 pm
Robert Hammond and his Co-Founder Joshua David started Friends of the High Line after attending a community board meeting to protest the High Line's demolition in 1999. They pioneered the transformation of an abandoned elevated train line into a public space about 1.5 miles long on Manhattan's west side in New York City.