Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Sat January 19, 2013
Robert Hammond, Co-Founder of Friends of the High Line
Originally published on Fri January 18, 2013 3:06 pm
Robert Hammond and his Co-Founder Joshua David started Friends of the High Line after attending a community board meeting to protest the High Line's demolition in 1999. They pioneered the transformation of an abandoned elevated train line into a public space about 1.5 miles long on Manhattan's west side in New York City.