Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Music Inside Out with Gwen Thompkins
Thu May 2, 2013
Road-tested: Stories & Songs
This week, Music Inside Out features Louisiana musicians telling stories of their experiences around the world.
Alex McMurray, Shannon Powell, the Pfister Sisters and Jim McCormick couldn't sound more different on stage. But they're all road-tested, having talked, played, sung or cooked their way out of tight spots in Nashville, Germany, Greece and Japan.
Jon Cleary was born and raised in Britain, but didn't find the right groove until he reached New Orleans. His experience adds a whole new layer to the concept of "Home and Away."
So count up your frequent flyer miles and take off with host, Gwen Thompkins. She'll let you have the aisle seat.